In 1908 the church at Sparkwell underwent extensive alterations overseen by architect Edmund H. Sedding. The chancel was rebuilt, widened and lengthened, the organ chamber was enlarged, and a vestry added on the north side.
Credence Table – Newspaper article (Western Morning News, 1908) E.H. Sedding architect; 1908
As part of the work on the chancel, new choir stalls and altar rails were commissioned from Mr Stephens of Plympton and a credence table from Miss Pinwill (probably Violet). Coincidentally, at the service of dedication in September 1908, the Bishop’s pastoral staff was carried by the Revd E. Pinwill in his capacity as Rural Dean.
Western Morning News (1908) Sparkwell Church. Public Worship and Private Piety. 24 September p. 5.