St Edward King and Martyr
Bishop’s Chair and Desk – Photograph (PWDRO 116/40) and Faculty (DHC DEX/9/a/3/1945/45) R.F. Wheatly architect; 1945
A faculty application to place a carved oak Bishop’s chair and desk in the sanctuary was submitted in January 1945, although the desk is not shown in the Pinwill archive. They were in memory of Ralph Cleave Alexander M.A. Vicar 1923-1934. Surprisingly, the scale drawing of the proposed chair included in the application was by Reginald F. Wheatly, architect, even though such a piece was well within the design capabilities of Violet Pinwill at this stage in her career.
DHC DEX/9/a/3/1945/45 Faculty. Shaugh Prior. Bishop’s Chair and Desk.
PWDRO 116/40 Photograph. Shaugh Prior. Sanctuary Chair.