St Agnes the Virgin
Pulpit – Photograph (PWDRO 116/68 & 244/5); 1914
The eight-sided pulpit features a figure of St Agnes in a canopied niche, with symbols of the Passion and a nativity scene on other faces. A brass plaque on one side states that it was erected to the memory of Martin Tredinnick Hitchens and his wife Nanny by their surviving children in 1914. A book about the church provides the extra detail that this carved oak pulpit was designed by Edmund H. Sedding (Benney & Mansell, 2007).
Benney, C. & Mansell, A. (2007) Our Village Church: St Agnes, Cornwall. Wheal Hawke Publications, St Agnes.
PWDRO 116/68 Photographs. St Agnes. Pulpit.
PWDRO 244/5 Photograph Album. Various. Woodcarvings.