St Bartholomew

The church was built 1839-42 to designs by Sampson Kempthorne and restored in 1891 by George H. Fellows Prynne, who added the baptistery (Beacham & Pevsner, 2014). A Lady Chapel was created in 1934 by C. R. Corfield.

Crucifix – Newspaper article (West Briton, 1948); 1948

The only source for this piece is a newspaper report stating that the Lady Chapel ‘has been beautified by the addition of a number of pictures’ and that ‘Mrs Rogers has presented a Crucifix, the work of Miss Pinwill, for the confessional’.


Beacham, P. & Pevsner, N. (2014) The Buildings of England. Cornwall. Yale University Press, London.

West Briton (1948) News from the Districts. Porthleven. 16 September p. 3.