St Nonna

Memorial Plaque Restoration – Photograph and Manuscript (PWDRO 116/64) R.F. Wheatly architect; 1934

This was an unusual commission to carry out. It involved the restoration of a brass plaque that appears to have been furnished with a new carved wooden frame. The plaque commemorates the restoration by Richard Buller in 1835 of the adjacent memorial erected in 1616 by his ancestor Jacob Wentworth Buller. It is written in Latin and the manuscript that accompanies the photograph is a translation into English by the Revd Dr Chaytor, Violet Pinwill’s brother-in-law, dated 1934.


PWDRO 116/64 Photograph and MS. Pelynt. Memorial Plaque with translation from Latin by the Revd Dr Chaytor.