Pulpit – Photograph (PWDRO 116/77, 244/4 & 244/5); 1911
The octagonal pulpit at St Goran is of a very similar design to others made by the Pinwill company for Cornish churches, including those at Crantock, Lanteglos by Fowey, Lewannick, Linkinhorne, St Breward, St Buryan and St Erme. The pulpit, ‘elegantly carved in Gothic style’, was dedicated by the Bishop of Truro in April 1911 (Royal Cornwall Gazette, 1911).
PWDRO 116/77 Photograph. St Goran. Pulpit.
PWDRO 244/4 Photograph Album. Various. Woodcarvings.
PWDRO 244/5 Photograph Album. Various. Woodcarvings.
Royal Cornwall Gazette (1911) Gorran. 27 April p. 5.